Thursday 13 January 2011

in '66 we'll get our kicks.

I always play music, wherever, whenever, so the song of the day to share is Tommy Stinson's "One Man Mutiny". Was released for free to help the disasters in Haiti. Cracking song too.


Where to start? how about the 60's? considering I was reading a book about Liverpool in the 60's this morning. We were pretty much 'put on the map' by four scousers. John, Paul, George & (cough)Ringo. 


There was one interesting picture (in black and white of course...anyone think there was no colour in the 60's? only black and white?) with the four Beatles with Cilla Black, remarkably with the same teeth. 


Cleary, I wasn't born in or around the 60's, so 'my generation' pretty much missed out on vinyl's, records, Beatle mania, mods, basically everything I hold dear (materialistic wise).


Instead, we got MP3's, iPods, mobile phones, Bieber fever, the millennium dome and same old boy bands. 


Would love to go back to the 60's. It had the music, the clothes, the people, we even won the World Cup at Wembley. 


Thankfully, there's a clutch of the Mod's and the 60's still going strong in used vinyl stores, vintage shops, Quadrophenia, Paul Weller, Liam Gallagher and his clothing line Pretty Green.


Basically my point being, life doesn't half change, and with the times, it seems morals and beliefs, and what we depend upon changes, so in another 50 years time, god knows what our descendants will depend upon and what they'll look back to our time to and think "wow, I wish I had seen that.."


(ta to Hope for giving me an excuse to start this!)

1 comment:

  1. Ah Chris I love it! "millenium dome..Cilla Black's teeth" are my fave 'touches'!V.V.V good writing style as the teachers would say. Can see already you're gona be good at this lark ;Dxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete