Sunday 13 February 2011

the 'pool of life

Had one of those 'life defining' moments on Friday night I think, when you are seemingly overwhelmed by everything around you (or maybe intoxication after a few drinks or the fact I had been awake for 42 hours straight...)


This occurred while I was walking up the steps of the Metropolitan Cathedral (the pointy silver one) and the sheer view of it towering over me, it's light creating a sort of mystic shadow, then all of a sudden, the lights dim, then go off, alone, in the dark, vastness surrounding me, feeling so sure and unsure,  I was making my way home from the city centre while listening to my headphones, Oasis' "Champagne Supernova" being a favourite, the defining lyrics of "how many special people change...", followed by "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd.


I hit random and the song and it's opening lyrics lyrics that forever play upon my mind opens up, 


"Is it cruel or kind, not to speak my mind, and to lie to you, rather than hurt you?"


Not admitting something, which would change the world for maybe the better? 


but in doing so you could possibly make things 10x worse and cause upset rather than joy?


I brought this up with my friend who had returned from the south for the weekend, he told me to take control, be shot down rather than never taking flight, well easier said than done, fellow.


my final words on the subject were simple and to the point, and would make some great lyrics...


"I wouldn't ever close the book on it, maybe this is just the end of a chapter, the book may not be finished"

No comments:

Post a Comment